Monday, December 17
- Check out the site maintained by our Journalism Students–you’ll find some great stories posted here: Unis Journalism Class
Tuesday, December 18
- Boy’s Basketball–Unis vs. Bryant at Dearborn High School
- Open Gym 3:00-4:00 Ten wings to enter.
Wednesday, December 19
- Girls’ Swimming Team–Lowrey at UNIS.
Thursday, December 20
- Boy’s Basketball–Salina at UNIS
Friday, December 21 Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
- Say goodbye to Ms. Suzanne & Ms. Campbell. They’re retiring!
- Holiday Break begins at the close of school today. Enjoy your two weeks off.
- Return to school on Monday, January 7, 2013.
Monday, December 10
- Book Fair in the Media Center
- Shop online if you like! Book Fair
Tuesday, December 11
- Book Fair in the Media Center Shop online if you like! Book Fair
- Unis Students: Open Gym 3:00-4:00 Ten wings to enter.
- Boys’ Basketball : Unis @ Lowrie
Wednesday, December 12–Late Start: Come to school an hour later!
- Book Fair in the Media Center. Shop online–right here! Book Fair
- Girls’ Swimming: Bryant at UNIS
Thursday, December 13
- Book Fair in the Media Center–Or, try this link! Book Fair
Friday, December 14
- Book Fair in the Media Center. Now that you’ve seen everything, spend your money here: Book Fair
Proposed Legislation Will Have Devastating Effects – Take Action Today!
Dear community member,
- 26 consecutive years of increased enrollment
- Graduation rate up 6%
- Five schools in Dearborn recognized by the state as “Beating the Odds”
- Continuous improvement on local and state tests
- A five year program allowing students to graduate with both a high school diploma and a two year college degree at no cost to parents
- Students earning millions of dollars in scholarships each year
- Districtwide Response to Bullying and Positive Behavior programs ensure a safe learning environment
- Choices for students include magnet programs, Early College program, STEM program, AP courses, and dual enrollment
Download : Support Material.pdf
Does this sound like a school district that needs to be overhauled, reformed, and taken-over by a state controlled board? I don’t think so, but obviously some legislators in Lansing do.
Monday, December 3
- Are you and your friends having problems? Need some help from Ms. Wilkie? Sign up in her office for a time to get together and resolve your issues. You’ll find her in Room 220, next to the library.
Tuesday, December 4
- McCollough Town Hall Meeting 10:00 am
- Rewards Activities: 1:15-2:45
- Mobile Dentists in the Orange Planning Room
- Unis SURA Photography program continues after school today & Thursday.
Wednesday, December 5 Late Start! Come to school one hour later.
- Girl’s swimming–Woodworth at UNIS
- Mobile Dentists in the Orange Planning Room
Thursday, December 6
- Unis SURA after-school photography continues today.
Friday, December 7
- Unis Staff vs. Students Basketball Game/Pep Rally –to be viewed by students with three or fewer infractions.
- School Book Fair begins. It continues through next week.
Monday, November 19
- McCollough Elementary School–Parent Conferences are tonight. Make sure you’re scheduled for a time with your child’s teacher either tonight or on the next two conference evenings, November 28th and 29th.
Tuesday, November 20
- If you’re taking off to visit relatives tonight, please drive carefully.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Don’t forget–when you’re busy shopping, cleaning and cooking on Wednesday night, it’s a perfect time to order out for a pizza. Proceeds to the Dearborn Education Foundation. Check with your local pizzeria to see if they’re participating.
- On Thursday, of course, you and your family will be enjoying traditional American foods–turkey, dressing, cranberry jelly and pumpkin pie in commemoration of the feast celebrated by the Pilgrims and the Native-American people. We are grateful for our nourishing food, cozy homes, and loving parents, Don’t forget our wonderful school and our caring teachers, too.
Monday, November 12
- Elementary students: 1/2 day of school. No classes in the afternoon. Teachers will be preparing for open house.
- Secondary school: Full day, as usual.
Tuesday, November 13
- Anti-Bullying program called THE PLEDGE. It will be viewed by the whole school.
3rd-5th Grade 1:00-1:45
6th-8th Grade 2:00-2:55
- SURA Photo program continues in the art room after school.
Wednesday, November 14 Late Start!
- Come to school one hour later.
- Pizza Day–Local pizzerias will be giving some of their proceeds to the Dearborn Educational Foundation. Is your favorite pizzeria participating?
Thursday, November 15
- SURA Photo program in Art room again after school.
Friday, November 16
Monday, November 5
- Middle School Elections
- Girls Basketball: Bryant at UNIS
- Elementary Town Hall at 10:00 a.m. and Rewards Day for those students with good behavior.
Tuesday, November 6
- Schools are closed to accommodate elections. Teachers will be using this time for professional development.
Wednesday, November 7
- Parent meeting Wednesday morning: Please attend!
Monitoring your child’s homework.
After school programs & tutoring
Thursday, November 8
- Girl’s Basketball: Unis at Salina
- SURA Arts Academy continues after school in the Middle School Art room.
- CITY CRITTERS presentation for elementary students. Animals will visit classrooms at 9:30 and 10:30.
Friday, November 9
See what our journalism students have accomplished. Browse their website and comment on their stories: livingtextbook.aaja.org
Tuesday, October 30
- Girl’s Basketball: Lowrey vs. Unis at UNIS
- SURA Arts Academy –Learn photography!
Wednesday, October 31 LATE START– School starts one hour later!
Middle School Dance 3:15-5:00
Thursday, November 1
Congratulations are in order! The 8th grade journalism class went to MSU today for a middle school conference. Fatima Jomaa won 1st place in the best feature story contest and Susan Hatem won 3rd place for the best picture. Our students were in competition w other middle school journalist around the state. We were only allowed one entry per category so please give these students a hand for a job well done!
- Don’t fill up on candy! Save it for dessert.
- SURA Arts Academy–Learn photography! Art Room.
Friday, November 2
Monday, October 22
Tuesday, October 23
- Mr. Gramer will be visiting classes with presentations on Thailand & Cannon retreival from the Detroit River. He is an experienced diver and we always look forward to his colorful, exciting shows.
- Parent-teacher conferences tonight for the students at Unis. 3:15-6:15 p.m.
Wednesday, October 24
- Girl’s Basketball- Smith vs. Unis at UNIS
- Football-Lowrey vs. Unis at Lowrey
Thursday, October 25 and Friday October 26–No School! Eid Mubarek!